Features and benefits
- Includes astragalus to help trigger a healthy immune response
- Plus zinc to help reduce how frequently children experience common colds and to provide additional support for immune system health
- Great tasting formula
- Easy for kids to take in water or juice
- Contains naturally-derived blackcurrant flavour
- Sweetened with stevia and contains no added sugar
- Suitable for children aged 2 and older
- Based on an ancient herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally taken to help reduce the frequency of common colds in Chinese medicine
- Also contains fresh elderberry juice, equivalent to 568.5mg per 2.5mL
How it works
Children are more susceptible to colds than adults because they haven’t yet been exposed to or developed immunity to as many of the viruses that can cause the common cold1.
This is a normal aspect of immune system development.
As your child’s immune system matures over the years and learns to recognise and respond to the wide variety of viruses that they encounter, you’ll probably find that they become less susceptible to colds and flu.
ZINC AND CHILDREN’S COLDS
Oriental Botanicals Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield contains zinc, which reduces the frequency of children’s common colds.
Zinc is an important nutrient for healthy immune system function, so it’s important that your child consumes it in appropriate amounts, for example in foods like eggs, meat, poultry, seafood, wholegrains and legumes.
The zinc in Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield supports children’s appetite if their intake of zinc from dietary sources is inadequate.
JADE WINDSCREEN FORMULA
Kids’ Astragalus 8 Immune Shield is based on a herbal combination called Jade Windscreen Formula, which is traditionally used to help reduce the occurrence of the common cold in Chinese medicine. When used by people who experience colds over and over again, it’s traditionally taken for several months at a time.
The three herbs in Jade Windscreen Formula are:
- Astragalus, which helps stimulate a healthy immune system response and supports the body when fending off illness. In Chinese medicine, astragalus is traditionally used to help reduce common cold frequency, as well as to relieve tiredness and support vitality
- Fang feng,which is traditionally used to help expel ‘wind-heat’ from the body
- White atractylodes, which is traditionally used to nourish the Spleen organ-meridian system in Chinese medicine, and consequently is often used to relieve loss of appetite in traditional Chinese medicine
 HealthDirect. Colds and flu statistics. Published 2016 and accessed September 2019 from: https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/colds-and-flu-statistics